Space for Innovation
Caverion’s Research & Development Centre is located in Aachen, Germany. The centre is Caverion’s creative hub: on 1,000 m² of floor space we realise today the building services of tomorrow by making them reliable, safe, comfortable, efficient and sustainable.
Caverion has specific competence in life cycle deliveries for demanding properties, such as gas-tight biosafety labs and clean rooms, acoustically sensitive theatres and TV studios, and comfortably air-conditioned auditoriums, exhibitions and plenary halls.
We also ensure good indoor climate by developing our own products and solutions for ventilation, building automation, systems integration and automated waste collection.
- Specialises in the research and development of advanced products related to ventilation, cooling and heating
- Runs test stations to simulate ventilation, cooling, heating and acoustics concepts under real-life conditions for demanding sites and building systems
- Validates the functions of ventilation and air conditioning components and systems in laboratory tests on a 1:1 scale to guarantee high standards of comfort, airflow and noise emissions requirements
- Uses computer simulations (CFD – Computational Fluid Dynamics) to calculate airflows in a room based on a computer model in cases where lab testing on a 1:1 scale is not feasible e.g. regarding airports, sports arenas, auditoriums or theatres
- 200 m³ echo chamber for acoustic measurements
- Measuring room for HVAC systems equipped with a façade where summer and winter weather conditions can be simulated
- Test room for indoor climate testing where comfort parameters can be set according to your specific needs
- 12-m-high climate hall for air conditioning in event venues with air volume flows of up to 20,000 m³/h and cooling capacities of up to 250 kW
The R&D Centre is focused on creating highly functional solutions that keep people and their working and living environments safe, healthy and comfortable.