Fortum explored various solutions to increase their efficiency, and decided for a partnership model in operation activities.
- Caverion is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the power plants and district heating networks, continuous development of their service as well as preventive and annual maintenance.
- We managed the mobilization of the service in a short time so that the customer’s business was not disrupted when the responsibility for operation and maintenance was transferred.
- Safety and customer service have been achieved as planned.
Operation and maintenance of the plants and networks were fully taken over by Caverion in the autumn of 2016.
Facts about partnership
Caverion was chosen for partner because of their comprehensive solution that best meets Fortum’s needs. The possibility of introducing predictive MP INtelligence analytics also played a role in decision making.
- Power and heat plants in Espoo, southern Finland, and the district heating and cooling networks in cities of Espoo, Kauniainen and Kirkkonummi totalling 850 km
- Other power and heat plants in the Uusimaa region (e.g. Järvenpää biopower plant) and district heating networks totalling 200 km
- Meri-Pori condensing power plant
- Joensuu power plant incl. pyrolysis plant, 240 km district heating networks and heating stations between 2016–2019 (owner changed 2020)