Wärtsilä Oy is one of the world’s leading suppliers of comprehensive marine- and energy technologies. The expertise scales across the entire handling chain – from certified tanks through storage stations to full-blown LNG terminals.
- Tornio’s LNG-project was Caverion’s first Tank Top Module
- The project had a tight schedule and work scope was increased
- Weather conditions nearby the sea are hard
- Transport to Tornio loaded to a barge in ice
- Connections to tank in 54 m
- Spool prefabrication was maximized to save work load at site, 85% of the welds were done on the own workshop floor before installation of the spools to the module.
- Fabrication in indoor facilities enabled effective and safe working.
- Increase and modifications in scope of work was handled with Caverion’s large buffer of personnel.
- Total lead time 13 months, Zero (0) accidents.
- Optimized planning of material flow helped us keeping the small stocking area at site tidy and feeding up to erection levels easy.
- Caverion act as an EPC-contractor using its own engineering resources added with international sub-contractors, international supply chain, large fabrication yards with modern working methods together with large erection (site supervision) team
- Lifespan: 2016 - 2017, altogether 13 months
- Total man-hours: 19.000 | Size 22 m x 12 m x 13 m (L x W x H). Dimensions of the tank: height 54 m and diameter 40 m
Lifespan 2016 - 2017,
altogether 13 months
Dimensions of the tank:
height 54 m and diameter 40 m