Conceptual design is the first stage of our Design & Engineering services, which includes:
- examination of an identified client need
- definition of requirements for potential solutions
- evaluation of alternative solutions
- development of system specification (e.g. technical requirements and environmental targets)
- forecasting of investment costs
This results in a document that governs all future development.
For the client, benefits from concept design includes:
- lower Life Cycle Cost (LCC)
- lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- possibility for a change of direction (if required), without affecting project delivery schedules
The overall aim is to maximise function and minimise cost for the client.